I sat down with veteran investor Jeremy Grantham, founder of asset management firm GMO, to discuss:
- How Jeremy got stated as an investor
- Dynamics of late-stage bull markets
- Impact of disruptive, winner-take-all companies
- Value investing in the modern age
- Why investing in emerging market equities makes sense
- What it takes to be a truly long-term investor
- Trump and the presidential cycle
In our conversation, Jeremy mentioned a speech by Benjamin Graham entitled: “Securities In An Insecure World” delivered at Town Hall, St Francis Hotel, San Francisco on the 15th of November 1963.
The speech can be downloaded from Jason Zweig’s blog. Jason is an author and reporter for the Wall Street Journal. He will soon be appearing on an episode of the i3/MarketFox podcast.